Wednesday, January 21, 2009

365 flicks - The Yes Man

Well - on Sunday night I celebrated my birthday in my favourite way - a picnic on the beach in the late afternoon overlooking balmoral and sydney harbour... With good swimming, fun games, good food, good wine (moscato) & great friends - Priceless.
After dinner, which we had on the balcony back home, we went to a movie The Yes Man.

Sooooooo much fun!

Now jim carry is an actor I fall in and put of love with (Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind is one of my all time favourite flicks). But this one I knew I wanted to see from the trailer. Good silly fun. I've done a fair bit of personal development in my time (Nlp, Landmark education, The Artists Way - great home course for getting back into creative flow) and I've both gotten HEAPS out of it And found myself frustrated by the organisation or the extreeme that it is taken to by some members... so I knew that I was going to love this film from all directions as long as it was done well.

What I learnt:
That u can take the joke to the ends of the earth, further than ur average audience member is comfortable with IF;
- u have 150% set up that chracters NEED to change
- those actors are willing to go ALL THE WAY for the truth of that moment in a completely ridiculous world

Also that u can fully show all the flaws in a way of life/argument AND still leave people with a subtle tale home which, if said yes to, will have a positive impact on their lives


I loved the kiwi actor from flight of conchords as the boss & the female lead was fantastic too - she is a really interesting actress to keep an eye on...

No comments: