Tuesday, January 20, 2009

365 flicks - the Holiday - dir. by nancy meyers

 wow!!!
firstly I want to say - how cool is today's modern tech savvy world! I am typingthis blog straight from my iPhone to the net where u will read it some 100,000 of km away! That is indeed awesome and inspiring!

Now on sat night I needed some tlc - plus one of my best friends was staying over & she admitted she'd never seen this film. It's one of my all time favourite rom-com's and in my personal top five fav flicks! So I insisted we watch it!!!

What inspires me about this film:
The acting/writing/directing combo - these guys have created a film that really takes u ok the ride. The performances are fresh - they really listen and affect each other.

Jude Law was not my fav actor prior to this film - but esp for jude - he delivers a beautiful performance. Kate winslet has long been a favorite so no surprises that she is brilliant here too and jack black is always good value :)

What I learnt - nancy effortlessly takes u through a great story w fantastic dialogue. Sometimes those scenes are actually quite long - but she proves that length does not equal boring & huge budget action sequences/locations are not necessary to deliver a satisfying journey.

Love it - watch it, if u have't already!
Miri

No comments: