Thursday, October 18, 2007

Have you guys checked out facebook groups lately?!

Did you know...

As a creative, I have found a HUGE amount of incredibly helpful groups on facebook.

There are groups for filmmakers, actors, directors, genre groups for filmmakers and their fans, festival groups....

Some I can remember off the top of my head that I have joined and benefitted from have been:

*Actor's Centre graduates (private)
*AFTRS
*Sydney Actors
*All Actors on Facebook
*All Directors on Facebook
... and many more!

So go check out groups on facebook and get busy in your community - people post crew and casting calls, triumphs, festival call for entries, upcoming seminars for filmmakers or training in your area of the craft. It's been awesome to keep in the know and also just to meet like minded people who are out there making inspiring projects.

Break a leg and go knock yourself out *getting connected*

www.facebook.com

Other online info hubs to check out are

* SCREENHUBB
For job listings, upcoming opportunities and industry news. You can even post your projects for free...
http://screenhub.com.au/
You can even do a great trial for 3 months to see how you like it.
There are jobs & opportunities listes that are from all over AU, NZ and some international jobs also.
I've found the news breifs excellent too for keeping up to date with the industry and major influences coming up. Also some timely reminders for entry deadlines for upcoming festivals.

* ARTS HUBB
Ditto for screenhubb - though these days there is a small fee to post your own projects...
For AU
http://www.artshub.com.au/
or for US
http://www.artshub.com
or for the UK
http://www.artshub.co.uk/
The good thing about these guys is there is info across a wide range of the arts & you have the multi-national searching capabilities for jobs, auditions and projects to collaborate on.

I have also just joined without-a-box.
Which is a free online distribution hub to submit your film to festivals over the net. Cutting down on countless filling out of paper entry forms and I understand they can even send your film digitally/post you DVD for you. I haven't fully explored it yet, but it's been recommended by a number of on-to-it producers in the industry... and anything that's going to save me time getting my film out there and free up my time so I can focus on my next film, gets me excited :)

Check them out at:
http://www.withoutabox.com/

Just reading the terms and conditions was a learning spree!


Love & Inspiration!
Miri
Lunar Wolf Productions
lunarwolfproductions@gmail.com
www.myspace.com/lunarwolfproductions

No comments: