Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fantastic Facebook Group and a great goal setting technique

Hey Guys,
I wanted to share this fantastic 8-step plan for clarifying your goals that was recently posted on a great Facebook group set up by Kate Davies.
It's called "The Actor's Journey"
And this is the link to the group:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=5416&post=24514&uid=10671721578#/group.php?gid=10671721578

Recently, Erryn posted his personal process that he has gathered and adapted from his mentors and it was so god darned good, I decided I would post it here for you to read too!

Erryn Erhun wroteon Mar 3, 2008 at 12:17 AM
Whether we want to be an extra on 'Home & Away', or be the next lead actor in Hollywood, as actors it's very important to have a definite plan and goals to aim for.

Adapted from Gerry Robert, here is the 8-point system I use for pursuing my goals as an actor:

Step 1: Describe the goal, be specific, and write it down with today's date.
'The goal I will achieve is...'

Step 2: Give it a deadline.
'I will have it by...'

Step 3: Identify the potential obstacles or danger zones.

Step 4: List the skills you will need to develop.
'To succeed, I will need to work on...'

Step 5: Identify helpful resources.
'These people, organizations and resources will help me achieve this goal...'

Step 6: List the benefits.
'Here’s what’s in it for me...'

Step 7: Develop a workable plan.
'Here’s what has to happen for me to achieve this goal...'

Step 8: List your Action Commitments.
'I promise to do the following... (today, next week, next month, etc)'

I don't stress too much about number 7, the overall plan, as that usually unfolds when you start with the other steps I think.

Having this written down really helps staying focused on what I want to achieve, and I hope it helps you with your goals too, whatever they may be.


Thanks heaps Erryn, I love this adaptation. It's similar to NLP techniques I've learnt, but this really leads you through the whole journey of setting a goal, getting in touch with your resources and making a committed movement toward it.

Miri
our website:
http://www.lunarwolfproductions.com

our YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/LunarWolfProductions

No comments: